Monday 12 December 2011

My Dance Fashion Shoot






I wanted to do my own fashion shoot using dancers, as in doing my "Horror Fashion Shoot" with Alice I took a distorted Image of her face which reminded me of the film i made and photos i took with a dancer whose images turned out surreal and distorted. i love the essence of movement in images but i didn't want to capture the distorted faces but more of the movement in their body language. I had done a few experiments with "Hair Whipping" so i wanted to incorporate those experiments into my shoot by using a light that reflects through my models hair and emphasise the texture and colour as their hair moves along with their body.


I first of all took group shots of my models Laura. Hayley and Emilie dancing together in front of the light. However these images didn't capture the the light in their hair or a silhouette of their body movements. As my models were deciding dance moves i took a snap shot of two of my models standing in front of the light laughing together. This was the kind of image i wanted to capture.

i decided to do singular shots, because as a group the models weren't in sync and didn't connect with each other, i first used Emilie who was my model for my soliloquy project. we put on some music to influence her to dance and as she did so i took a few shots.

What i like most about EMilies shots is the disfigurement of her body and the abstarction of her hair. She is a very slim girl so can make her v=body seem creature like and can easily











For my next shots i used my model Laura whose hair was styled in a Mohawk.
As she danced, the light shone through her hair and the light fabric on her arms, providing an elegant touch to the photo with aggressive body language







No comments:

Post a Comment